日日橹狠狠爱欧美视频NC State is a public land-grant university based in Raleigh, the capital of North Carolina. As a Research I university, NC State is a key part of the Research Triangle region, which is home to industry leaders such as NC State partners SAS, Cisco, IBM, GlaxoSmithKline and Lenovo. Raleigh and the surrounding area are consistently rated among the best places to live and work in the United States, and NC State is a driving force for the local, state and national economies.
- 35,479 students, 2,201 faculty and 6,547 staff
- Educating more North Carolinians than any other university
- Student-faculty ratio 14:1
- 12 colleges representing all major academic fields
- More than 300 undergraduate and graduate degree programs offered through 65 departments
- NC State Extension serves citizens in all 100 counties and the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians
- $1.4 billion endowment, among the top 90 largest higher-education endowments in the country
- $1.657 billion budget for fiscal year 2018
#1 Best Public College for Your Money in North Carolina
University and Program Rankings
- #1 best public college in?North Carolina (Money)
- #4 veterinary medicine program nationally (U.S. News & World Report)
- #6 best value among public universities nationally (U.S. News & World Report)
- #6 nationally in online graduate computer and information technology programs?(U.S. News & World Report)
- #7 best value for out-of-state students among public universities (Kiplinger’s)
- #8 in MBA programs with the best return on investment (Poets & Quants)
- #8 online graduate engineering program?nationally (U.S. News & World Report)
- #9 best value for in-state students among public universities (Kiplinger’s)
- #9 online MBA nationally (Princeton Review)
- #10 in undergraduate entrepreneurship nationally (Princeton Review and Entrepreneur)
- #12 graduate engineering program among public universities?(U.S. News & World?Report)
- #15 online graduate program in education nationally?(U.S. News & World?Report)
- #16 graduate statistics program nationally?(U.S. News & World?Report)
- #17 green college nationally (Princeton Review)
- Among the top 0.9% of universities worldwide (Center for World University Rankings)
#4 College of Veterinary Medicine in the Nation
U.S. News & World Report
Student and Faculty Success
- Recent?first-year classes boast the highest ACT?and SAT scores in university history.
- More than 100 of our students were national scholars and?fellows over the past five years.
- NC State students won four Goldwater Scholarships and 14 National Science Foundation graduate research fellowships in the 2018-2019 academic year.
- The? groups world-leading educators and researchers into 20 interdisciplinary clusters, including bioinformatics, precision medicine and public science.
- NC State ranks #3 among national research universities in producing Fulbright Scholars.
- Twenty-three of our faculty are members of the National Academies.
#8 MBA Program for Return on Investment
Poets & Quants
Partnerships and Sponsored Research
- $334 million in sponsored research awards for fiscal year 2018
- No. 4 in the nation for the share of our research sponsored by private industry, according to the Information Technology and Innovation Foundation
- One of?only two universities in the nation leading two?National Science Foundation Engineering?Research Centers:
- The ,?researching smart-grid technology
- The?, developing wearable, self-powered?health monitors
- The first North American location for an IBM Q Hub, a collaborative effort to advance quantum computing
- Leading three federally funded?collaborative institutes tackling some of our world’s biggest challenges:
- $140 million initiative, developing?an advanced power electronics manufacturing?sector for the Department of Energy
- $60 million ,?studying data analytics for the National?Security Agency
- $25 million , combating the spread?of nuclear weapons for the National Nuclear?Security Administration
- A partner in seven of the 14 public-private institutes that make up , a federal initiative to revitalize the U.S. manufacturing industry
- Home to , one of eight such centers in the United States
$334M in New Sponsored Research in FY18
Office of Research and Innovation
NC State's Centennial Campus
- A nationally acclaimed where 70+ corporate, government and nonprofit partners work alongside 70+ NC State research and academic units
- Home the , the , the? and the?, a think tank?focused on tackling big issues that affect?North Carolina’s prosperity
- Supports lifelong learning through K-12, graduate and continuing education, distance and online learning, and executive education
- Houses the , which supports the university’s research and commercialization mission
- James B. Hunt Jr. Library: Winner?of the prestigious Stanford Prize for?Innovation in Research Libraries,?and?one of?the most technologically advanced learning?and collaboration spaces in the world
- Offers a wealth of dining options, housing and amenities, most of which are available to the public
#2 for Research Commercialization
日日橹狠狠爱欧美视频Among Universities Without a Medical School
- 170+ startups and spinoffs based on NC State?research, attracting a total of $1.6 billion in?venture capital
- #2 nationwide in licenses and options executed among universities without a medical school; #4 for startups launched
- 1,000+ patents issued in the U.S. and nearly 2,000 patents issued worldwide,?yielding 550+ consumer products
- The Wolfpack Investor Network (WIN) matches NC State alumni investors with promising university-affiliated startups to facilitate mentoring, support and angel investments for entrepreneurial businesses. WIN currently has 146 members, and WIN members have invested more than $9 million in 15 NC State startups.
- The Milken Institute, an economic think tank, cited the collaboration and innovation fostered by NC State — and particularly by Centennial Campus — as key reasons why Raleigh is the one of the top 10 best-performing large cities in the United States.
- NC State and its students, alumni and?associated startups generate?$6.5 billion of?North Carolina income?annually.
170+ Startups and Spinoffs
日日橹狠狠爱欧美视频Office of Research and Innovation
- NC State has more than 250,000 living alumni, approximately 160,000 of whom live in North Carolina.
- The has more than 23,000 dues-paying members, including about 3,000 members of the Student-Alumni Association.
- Wolfpack alumni stay in touch via more than 50 regional networks around the United States.
#6 Best Value Among U.S. Public Universities
U.S. News & World Report
Philanthropy and Giving
- Supporters contributed $220 million in new gifts and pledges to NC State in FY19.
- The year’s total continues the momentum of the previous two fiscal years, when NC State recorded giving of $224 million (2016-17) and $215.4 million (2017-18).
- Alumnus Frederick Eugene Wilson Jr. and the Wilson family gave the transformational gift of $28 million to name the in perpetuity.
- Alumni Edward P. Fitts Jr. and Edgar S. Woolard jointly gave a $25 million gift allowing the university to break ground on Fitts-Woolard Hall, which will house programs and facilities of the College of Engineering.
- A group of generous supporters of NC State athletics made a $5 million pledge to name the James T. Valvano Arena in Reynolds Coliseum.
- The , the most ambitious fundraising effort in the history of NC State, has surpassed its $1.6 billion goal.
- To date, donors have created some 2,100 new funds and 636 new scholarships and fellowships through the campaign.
- Of the 234 endowed faculty positions at NC State, 89 have been created during this campaign.
$215.4M in Private Support in FY18
Recent Accolades and Achievements
- Rodolphe Barrangou, Todd R. Klaenhammer Distinguished Scholar in Probiotics Research and professor of food, bioprocessing and nutrition sciences, was .
- The National Science Foundation presented its prestigious Early Career Award to nine NC State researchers in fields spanning biomedical engineering; chemistry; educational psychology; electrical and computer engineering; mathematics; mechanical and aerospace engineering; plant and microbial biology; and sustainability science and engineering.
- The Fulbright Scholar Program honored NC State researchers with eight scholar awards.
- The National Science Foundation awarded its prestigious Graduate Research Fellowship to 14 NC State students this year. The fellowship program recognizes outstanding graduate students in NSF-supported science, technology, engineering and mathematics disciplines who are pursuing research-based master’s and doctoral degrees.
- All four of NC State’s nominees for a Goldwater Scholarship — presented to outstanding undergraduates preparing for careers as mathematicians, scientists and engineers — : materials science and engineering major Neil Baugh, statistics major Rachel Chen, genetics and computer science double major Nikhil Milind and physics and computer science double major Ana Sofia Uzsoy.
Last updated on Feb. 25, 2020